- Special Events
- Our Facilities
- Turnkey Spaces
- Food & Drink
Legal Terms & Restrictions for the Long Beach Convention & Entertainment Instagram Sweepstakes
OFFICIAL RULES & CONSUMER DISCLOSURES
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. Making a purchase of any kind will not improve your chances of winning.
2. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to the owner of this Instagram page and not to Instagram. The sponsors of this Sweepstakes are the Long Beach Area Convention & Visitors Bureau. The Sponsors can be contacted at the below-listed address:
Long Beach Convention & Entertainment Center: 300 E. Ocean Blvd Long Beach, CA 90802
International City Theatre: 110 Pine Avenue, Suite 820, Long Beach, CA 90802
3. ELIGIBILITY. This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the United States or the District of Columbia that are 18 years of age or older. Void in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and U.S. Military Installations. Employees, including their immediate families and those living in their households, of the Sponsors or their affiliates, defined as business concerns, organizations, or individuals, or their agents, that control each other or that are controlled by a similar third party (collectively, “Affiliates”), sponsors and advertising agencies are ineligible to participate.
4. CONTEST ENTRY. All entries must be received by 5:00 p.m. (PST) on Sunday, April 12, 2015. Only one entry per eligible participant is permitted. You must provide all information requested on the Instagram post in order for your entry to be eligible.
In the event of a dispute about the identity of an entrant, each entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the Instagram account submitted at the time of entry. Authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an Instagram account by an Internet Service Provider, online access provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning Instagram accounts. With response to the winning entry, the winner may be required to provide proof that the winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry and an eligible participant.
5. CONTEST REQUIREMENTS. To be eligible, participants must submit an image meeting the following guidelines:
Instagram user must be following @LBconventionctr and @ICT_LongBeach
Instagram user must comment on the Sweepstakes post with “I want to win tix!" and tag an additional user whom they would like to bring to the show.
All entries must be received between 5:00 PM (PST) on April 10th and 5:00 PM (PST) on April 12
6. SELECTION OF WINNER. All eligible participants will be placed into a random drawing for the prizes. Sponsors will conduct a random drawing no later than 48 hours after the sweepstakes has ended. Sponsors will notify two (2) winners by Instagram Direct Message within four (4) days of selection of the winners. If the winners are unreachable after one (1) day, or are unavailable for prize fulfillment, an alternate winner(s) will be selected at random from all remaining eligible entries received. All decisions by Sponsors are final, binding and non-appealable. Except where prohibited by law, acceptance of a prize in this Sweepstakes shall constitute the winners’ consent to Sponsors' use of the winners’ name or likeness, city, state, country, photographs, videos, statements made by the winners about the Sweepstakes, Sponsors, and/or prize information for advertising and promotional purposes without further payment, consideration, or prior notification. For more information on Sponsors’ privacy policies and how Sponsors may use information obtained from entrants in online promotion, visit http://www.longbeachcc.com/privacy-policy/ . An Affidavit of Eligibility and Release must be signed and returned within ten (10) days of receipt or winner will be disqualified. For the winning entry, please check http://www.longbeachcc.com/instagram-sweepstakes/ after the contest has ended.
7. PRIZES. The prize includes a pair of tickets to their choice date of an upcoming performance of International City Theater’s “Abigal/1702” (running from April 29-May 24, 2015). One pair of tickets each will be awarded to two entrants. The prize package has a retail value of $108.00 (based on opening night performance prices). Prize packages will be awarded pursuant to the above schedule.
8. ODDS OF WINNING. The odds of winning are dependent on the total number of eligible entries received. Sponsors estimate the odds of winning will be 1 in 507.
9. RESTRICTIONS. The Prizes are non-transferable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash alternative or other substitution allowed. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value, whether in cash or otherwise, if the prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason.
10. CONDITIONS/LIABILITY. All participants must be as defined above. By entering this Sweepstakes, each participant warrants that he or she has read and agrees to abide by and be bound to all Sweepstakes rules, and that he or she is not prohibited from participating in this Sweepstakes by any applicable law, statute, regulation or other appropriate authority. By entering this Sweepstakes, all participants agree to receive on occasion promotional material from the sponsors in the future.
Every effort will be made to ensure completed entries are entered in the drawing; however the Sponsors will not be responsible for any entries which cannot be processed for technical reasons. Sponsors are not responsible for any late, lost, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, or misdirected entries. Sponsors are not responsible for lost connections, miscommunications, failed computer transmissions or technical failures. Use of any single computer to transmit multiple entries is prohibited. Proof of sending will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsors. If it is determined that technical difficulties compromised the integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsors reserve the right to void entries and/or terminate the Sweepstakes. The Sponsors assume no responsibility if the Sweepstakes is cancelled or rescheduled due to technical difficulties. If the Sweepstakes must be cancelled before the expiration date, a notice will be posted at www.longbeachcc.com. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately tamper with the operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws. If such an attempt is made, Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
The winners of the prizes are solely responsible for any taxes and other such expenses. Sponsors, their agents, their Affiliates, and their sponsors shall not be responsible for any such expenses.
Sponsors and their Affiliates, officers, employees, agents and all Sweepstakes Sponsors assume no liability either for cancellation or for any reason whatsoever including Force Majeure or through the acts or defaults of any company or person providing any prize. All such losses or expenses will have to be borne by the Sweepstakes winner.
The Sweepstakes is subject to and governed by all federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited by law. The participants further agree to release Sponsors, their agents, their Affiliates, and their sponsors from any and all liability arising from or related to this Sweepstakes. Sponsors are not responsible for any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from downloading any material from Sponsors' website, regardless of whether the material was prepared by Sponsors or a third party, and regardless of whether material is connected to Sponsors' website by a hypertext link. By receipt of any prize in the Sweepstakes, participants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsors and their Affiliates, their directors, officers, employees, and agents and all Sweepstakes Sponsors from any damage, injury, death, loss or other liability that may arise from the winner's acceptance or use of the prize or any substitute prize or their participation in this Sweepstakes, including without limitation, personal damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy from any misuse or malfunction of such prize or substitute prize. Sponsors, their agents, and their Affiliates reserve the right to terminate this Sweepstakes or to modify any rules as necessary for any reason or as required by applicable law.
11. ARBITRATION. Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participants agree that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association (AAA) which can be found at the AAA regional office nearest the participant or at www.adr.org; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at any such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will participants be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. Some restrictions apply. Black-out dates, closures and/or acts of God.